The summer is officially here, not where I live because it’s cold and rainy, but for the most of you, it’s sunny and everyone and their mother is craving that goddess glow. In this post I will be showing you my favorite products and a tool to get glowing skin.
H&M Halo Illuminiser in Champagne Gold
I love this one a lot, it’s a pretty thick cream and the colour is gorgeous, it’s like a peachy gold. I would imagine this is what Champagne Pop by Becca looks like, but in a cream/liquid form. I am really fair so the color is quite orange and dark when applied, but when you start blending it in it magically transforms into the most stunning glow that isn’t unflattering whatsoever. It is really metallic, but can be sheered down to look very natural. The longevity is great, I can apply it in the morning, take a nap and there still would be some left.
- Great price
- No glitter
- 3 colour options, but I think this colour would suit almost all skin tones, maybe apart from the very deepest
- Don’t have to have brushes to apply
- Need only the tiniest bit for both cheeks, economical
- Packaging could be prettier and sturdier but I don’t mind
theBalm theManizer Sisters
For my skin tone I use Mary-Lou which is a warm gold colour. It is sparkly and dramatic so be aware. I wore it for my graduation and it held up and was intense the whole day and night. The palette is versatile, perfect for traveling and it totally can be used as eyeshadow.
- Great for all skin tones as the palette includes 3 shades
- Can be a little bit too sparkly for casual days or daytime wear in general
- Might be too dark for the fairest of the fair as it is too dark for me when I don’t have a bit of fake tan but can be used as blush or bronzer topper
- Isn’t the most long-wearing
Real Techniques highlighting brush
This brush is my fave, the shape is perfect and it is really soft and blends nicely.
- Pretty to look at
- Perfect shape and size
- Doesn’t shed, sturdy, good quality
- Exclusive in a deluxe gift set from Real Techniques
BYS Highlighting Palette in Radiance
Holy guacamole, this is so intense. These are so reflective that it was really hard to capture their colours. When applied there isn’t much colour so I feel like a lot of skin tones could get away with it. In this palette you get 3 cream highlighters and one powder (The last one).
- Good shades for fair skin
- Can be sheered down
- Really metallic and pigmented
- Might be hard to get hold of
- For some, can be too intense
- Can look too frosty on darker skin tones, except for the last shade (the darkest one)
- 3rd shade has some glitter in it, but can be swapped for the 2nd one instead, which is super similar minus the glitter
Top row: TheBalm, bottom row: BYS, swatch on the right: H&M
What is your favourite highlighter? Do you like the trend?